Welcome to Reception!
Please check our page regularly to see the amazing learning that has been taking place in school and at home. The school website has a wealth of information and is updated regularly.
Remember to log into your child's Tapestry account to view their profile and see what your child has been learning about in school. Click the icon below to log in:
If you have a problem logging on or accessing your account, please speak to a member of the Reception team or phone the office. Any information or messages will be sent through Tapestry.
Meet the teachers
- Mrs Sheppard - Classroom teacher on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Miss Denison - Classroom teacher on Thursday and Friday
- Mrs Flitton-Morgan - Learning support assistant
- Miss Alushaj - Learning support assistant
- Mr Long - Learning support assistant
- Reception have PE on a Tuesday and Friday.
- Please ensure your child brings their reading book and water bottle to school every day.
- Please read with your child at home. Reading is the key to your child's academic future and needs to be practised at home at least twice a week.
This half term our topic is Pirates. Please see the curriculum section for the long term plan. We will be reading a range of Pirate stories, as well as learning pirate songs and information about pirate ships.
Last week we read the book 'Pizza for Pirates'. Morrisons very kindly donated pizza-making ingredients and we made our own pizzas. They were delicious!
PIRATE DAY! SHIVER ME TIMBERS ITS PARTY TIME!
Here are some examples of our amazing writing!
Thank you for all of your support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
The Queensway Reception Team
Useful Online Learning Websites
Click on the icons and you will be directed to the websites.
Coppice Wood Avenue, Yeadon, Leeds, United Kingdom, LS19 7LF